Monday, January 19, 2009

A new sweater & a new project

I knitted a baby sweater last week, it's a 5-hour sweater which took me about 6 1/2 hours. I used worsted weight yarn and size 10 1/2 (6.5 mm) needles.
It's a pretty easy pattern to follow, I changed the end of the sleeves, I didn't like the way the regular ribbing looked so I matched the bottom of the sweater, I also added an I-cord to tie in front, I think it looks good.



I also started a new project, it will be a scarf, it's called "Two Dozen Rosebuds and Sweetheart scarf", (thank you Iris) I'm using garner color, laceweight yarn, if you look closely you can see hearts and little rosebuds. It took me 3 tries! I tried fingering weight and that was too big then I tried laceweight and that was too small, then I added 1 repeat width wise and it's turning out just right!



Regarding my New Year's resolution, I also finished my mystery 4 stole, it's blocking right now so hopefully I'll have a picture soon. I'm also working on the yellow baby blanket every morning, it's easy to work on and I don't have to finish a row if I have to put it away quickly. I'm also thinking of canceling a stole I've been working on, seems like a lot of work and I don't particularly like the project, we'll see.

It's been cold around here and we've been getting a fair amount of snow, I have to say that I really do enjoy walking outside this time of year, it's so nice and peaceful.

2 comments:

Iris said...

You're welcome! I like you're idea of adjusting the width. I think it will make for a dainty scarf.

Knit - R - Done said...

I enjoy walking in the winter, too...as long as I bring tissues and chapstick.