Saturday, November 8, 2008

And it's over and done with!!!

My operation that is. I got my breast reduction done on November 5 and everything went extremely well. I got at the hospital at 6:45 am and the operation started around 8:15 next thing
I remember it was about 1 p.m. when I was in the day surgery room and Andy was talking to me.

I got home around 6 p.m. I would've been home sooner but the Dr. had an emergency surgery.
He removed close to 4 pounds! I never figured it would be that much!!! Now they really look nice and perky ;)

The pain is a LOT less than I was expecting, which is a good thing! I'm already feeling relief in my back and Andy says I stand up straighter too. The bleeding has mostly stopped so I (Andy) only have to change gauze once a day to keep it fresh. There isn't to much bruising and it doesn't look as bad as I thought it would.

I've been napping and sleeping quite a lot which helps me feel better every day.

And I must be feeling better because I'm getting antsy to start knitting again!

8 comments:

N. Maria said...

Oh, I'm so relieved that you are now on the mend!!!
No, no, no knitting!!! Just put some knitting DVD's in and watch but no knitting!!!! :)
Hugs!
Maria

Diana Swallow said...

So glad to hear you've already started to heal, happy knitting!

Anonymous said...

Bonjour. My name is also Sylvie. I also had breast surgery last August. I have Degenerative Disc Disease. You are in my thoughts.
Sylvie

Maggie said...

Did you save some of that extra chest for me?? With it I might actually fill out an Alice Starmore sweater in size small...
Anyway, I hope you are doing well and back to posting soon, your blog is 1 I often take time to read. Maggie in IL

Lucy Corrander Now in Halifax! said...

Thank you for being a follower of LOOSE AND LEAFY, Sylvie - and of PICTURES JUST PICTURES too!

I'm pleased you like them.

I also very much hope your post-operation recovery will continue well.

Best wishes

Lucy Corrander

Maggie said...

You haven't posted for weeks now and I am wondering how you are doing. I hope your Thanksgiving went well and you are staying warm and knitting busily, take care, maggie

Melissa said...

Congrats on your surgery :) I had a breast reduction 2 years ago, and it was the best decision I ever made! My back and neck thank me everyday :)

I was pretty surprised by the healing as well. I expected so much more pain. Dont knit though! You dont want the swollen, trust me I did it way to soon. Well not knitting but scrapbooking. I drank this lemon tea to help the swellon and it was a lifesaver. Let me know if you'd like the recipe.

Congrats again!

Peggy said...

Sorry it took me so long to get over here and check on your surgery. So glad all went well. I'm sure you are back to knitting by now. :)